Fatigue is a potential hazard to patient care. This was formally recognized by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) of the United States when it adopted new standards in the area of alertness management, which took effect on July 1, 2011.
“The program must adopt fatigue mitigation processes to manage the potential negative effects of fatigue on patient care and learning, including naps and back-up call schedules. The sponsoring institution must provide adequate sleep facilities.”
–ACGME, Common Program Requirements, July 2011
MetroNaps has a variety of short term rest installation options to help address the ACGME’s directive.
Our EnergyPod has been specifically designed to facilitate an alertness boosting short rest in immediate proximity to the healthcare professional. And our SleepWing has been designed specifically for optimizing call rooms.
Our solutions have been proven to have a positive impact: research conducted over more than two years at a Veteran Affairs Health Care facility showed a statistically significant increase in alertness on residents.
At MetroNaps we offer:
• Complimentary site design support to make sure you get the ideal
• Flexible buy, lease and rental options that work with virtually any
• Full-service comprehensive delivery and assembly for worry-free
• Internal promotional support to help educate your workforce
• Ongoing site maintenance and technical support to keep your facility
• Usage reporting to track and optimize your installation